new guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joeking1981

Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
hello all!!! Just introducing myself. I'm 24 from ontario canada... i've been looking for a new hobby, and one that I can keep up for quite a while without growing tired of it. I think that smoking will be the one! I went out and bought an charbroil offset type and i'm obviously only a beginner... I look forward to learning all that i can! Thank you@!!!

Welcome to Smoking Meat Forum, Joe-it's nice to have another member from the north country.

Man has got to eat so I figure it doesn't hurt to learn how to prepare it in different ways and smoking it just makes it better. The Charbroil off-set is a good unit for starting out but you will wish you had a bigger unit. Check out the Charcoal forum and see what modifications others have made to their units to improve the smokers performance.

Since you are also just starting out, take advantage of tulsajeff's Smoking Basics Course. There is a lot of useful information there get you started off right.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky