New Guy Smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ked4300

Original poster
Jul 14, 2014
Hi, all!  My family just bought me a Masterbuilt electric smoker for father's day.  Love this smoker!  First try was an 8lb pork shoulder which was absolutely delicious,  I then smoked a turkey breast and some chicken parts.  I've been learning about rubs, brining and "low and slow" cooking.  Love the smell and taste of smoked food.  I'm looking forward to many more ideas and recipes.  I live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and will eventually be looking for advice on how to smoke in those cold winter months.  

Welcome to the forum from East Texas

Gary S

Welcome to the forum, this is one great site for help and great recipes. I have enjoyed it over the last two years and I have gotten much help when needed. Don't be afraid to ask.

Craig

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky