New Guy, Long Island

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

john sand

Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
Hi. I just bought an Akorn last week. Seasoned it and then made pizza. I'm reading and studying everything I can, trying to plan that first smoke. I've been cooking since I was a kid. Back then I grilled over charcoal, the last twenty years mostly over gas. I still have a Weber Genesis. I'm retired, I sail a wooden boat, drive a 79 Chrysler, brew my own beer. Life is good as long as the temperature is above freezing.

Welcome aboard John!

Whereabouts are you from on the Island? I get down that way from time to time. I have a buddy who grew up there so occasionally I get a chance to fish out of Montauk with him. You certainly have some good fishing down there brother!

SMB

Hey Burt

I'm a little east of Port Jefferson. I was fishing last week, caught a couple of short fluke.  -J

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a hot, then raining and now hot again day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky