New Guy in Sparta, TN

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by squealin_bob, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Wrapped

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. UnWrapped

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rubbed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mopped

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Marinated

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Spritz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Turned

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Fat up

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Fat down

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Do YOU love smoking your meat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hey Everybody great site here. I started smoking Boston Butts when I was 13 and did I start big. Two weekends a month we did fundraisers in several areas of Middle TN cooking at the least 250 and the most 425. We used mostly 8-footer pull behinds at the time. When I was a year and a half into it at the ripe old age of 14 I decided I needed a Smoker. So me and mother ventured to The Jack Daniels Cookoff in Lynchburg.[​IMG] Well I bought a Smoker alright. The Smoker was an upright homemade job. The entire bottom was a firebox lined with fire brick. Above that was a water pan with the grate above it. Comfortable could hold fifty butts or two small hogs. Had a drop down door for the front and also a lid on top to raise and lower the hogs onto the grate. Had two stacks coming off nearly three and a half feet. She was a monster.[​IMG] The real kicker was that she was mounted on the rear of a 16' gooseneck trailer with a two-story concession stand and an 8' fold out deck! This started my Cooking career as well as my high school career. By my graduation day I had roughly 60% of all catering business in my area and had events lined up every weekend that summer. I suppose I did to much that fall I was burned out and disgusted with the concession and catering.[​IMG] I was either going to have to open a restaurant or sell. Sadly I did sell and have regretted it every since. When I did sell out I had graduated from my behemoth smoker to a more economical Southern Pride Smoker.[​IMG] I cant say enough about how great those smokers are. But to make a long story short I know have a Master Built 40" electric smoker which does well with my apartment and gonna start getting back into the making and selling of my meat. I will get some pictures up as soon as I can get a camera and my old pics scanned in. Any questions yall ask!! Thanks alot.[​IMG]

2. fireguy

fireguy Smoking Fanatic

Have not done a butt yett, "butt" welcome anyway..[​IMG]

3. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF, Bob. Let's get ya on to ribs and brisket! And fattys!

4. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF site Bob. When do ya think you could start teaching us about them butts?Can't wait to see some of the old pics. I bet you have a ton of good Q stories to tell!

5. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard, glad to have ya!

6. Thanks for the Welcome Yall. Yea Q stories are in an abundant supply with [​IMG]. I can remember a few times I have had to strap on my fire coat, hat and gloves to rescue my poor burning butts from a savage grease fire. And losing my arm hair and eyebrows a few times [​IMG]

7. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Squealin_Bob
    Great to have you here, welcome to SMF !!!
    It sounds like you come hear loaded with a wealth of knowledge, look forward to your stories, recipes and of course the pictures !!!

8. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF bob-souns like a wealth of help u have to share.

9. bertjo44

bertjo44 Smoking Fanatic

Welcome Bob, glad you found the site.

10. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum Bob!

11. blacklab

blacklab Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Hi Bob welcome to the board of smoke addicts [​IMG]

12. capt dan

I was gonna ask about the nickname you are using, but after seeing deliverance(that was in tennesee wasn't it?) I am afraid of the answer!
    [​IMG]

I am hoping that it is from eating so much pig from the younger years to present that you are starting to sound like one![​IMG]

13. lc in va

lc in va Meat Mopper

sounds like we have a pro here. welcome to smf

14. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the smf............Glad your here..........

15. kratzx4

kratzx4 Smoking Fanatic

Welcome to SMF

16. Ha Ha The sad part is I haven even sen that movie yet. Gonna put it on my movie list for the weekend! Squealin Bob was the name of my business. Which after I told it also became my name. [​IMG] Imagine starting High School with that name ha ha ha.

17. capt dan

It is a great movie, Ned Beaty hasn't been the same since![​IMG]

Yu betta watch dat movie bowah, you watch it reawl gewd![​IMG]

18. fla-gypsy

fla-gypsy Smoke Blower

Welcome from down here in Florida, Bob.

19. allen

allen Smoking Fanatic

WELCOME, SqueelinBob,Welcome to one big family, alot of info, Sounds like you know alot yourself

20. glued2it

glued2it Master of the Pit

Welcome bob! As far as the poll goes, The only thing listed that I DON'T do is marinate or mop.[​IMG]

so all rest all in one smoke!