New guy from Seattle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scott54

Original poster
Dec 8, 2013
So I am in the process of building a new smoker at home. Being a NW native and having spent about 10 years in SE Alaska, I've smoked a lot of fish on various smokers. I found this site trying to research different designs for a cold smoker. This is a great forum with a lot of good info. Thanks. I'm a construction guy and have spent a lot of my career doing concrete so I built my own firebox out of cast-in-place concrete with the flue to the smoker out of concrete pipe. Looking forward to being on here. I will post some photo's down the line. The firebox is done but I am setting the flue soon.  Thanks Again.

Glad you joined us Scott, :welcome1: from North Dakota!
I am looking forward to seeing pictures of you smoker build as the concrete work will be interesting!

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Thanks guys. I'll try and post some photo's of the concrete firebox that is done. I have not fabricated a metal door and frame yet but I have set the concrete pipe at a slope of about 1/4 to 3/8" per foot to one side and started a fire to see what the draw was like. I have the flexibility to vary the flue slope to the side or to set the smokehouse above the firebox ( by 5' ) if I need to. Would like some feedback after I post the pics!

I'll be interested to see your smoker design, Like different types

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky