New Guy from Ohio

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tim8557

Original poster
I just wanted to intro myself. After looking at them for years I just bought a Cabela's Electric Smoker (I think that you pro's would label it an ECB).

I've always been involved with Kitchen gadgets as well as outdoor grills. So, I started there.

I'm a pharmacist who left that world years ago to get into building materials (go figure) and have been at it ever since. Married for 35 years; 3 boys; one in College; one in Grad School: and one who just received his PhD this December. Makes me a very proud pappa.

The 35 year wife just rolled her eyes when she saw the newest attraction on the deck, so I'll expect to see a new sofa or armoire or something arrive shortly. Quid pro quo. (that's one of the secrets of 35 years).

I look forward to learning everything about smoking food here.....as I know absolutley nothing at this point. As a cigar smoker, I understand smoke, but I suspect that cigar smoke wouldn't necessarily upgrade the food.

I hope to reach the point where I can actually contribute something back to this forum. Who knows, it may just turn out that a fine Montecristo #2 does add something to a brisket.

Tim

There is a lot of Info on this web site about it look you might find some thing you lilke like all of us you have expermint to find what you like.
I all ways love having a cigar when I am BBQing. I am liking my La Gloria serie R that i have aged for 4 years.

Hi Tim,

Welcome to our group. You have stumbled upon the most informative, friendly and helpful forum on the net for all things involved with smoking meat. So sit back, relax, and read through the various threads, and you will find yourself enjoying one of the best hobbies of all time.

I am a fellow Ohioan. Currently, my family and I live in Green, a suburb just south of Akron. However, as recently as five years ago, we were neighbors. We had a house in West Chester for 4 1/2 years in the Drees development that sits just off of I-275 and Sharonville Rd.

Please feel free to join in any of the "conversations" as you see fit. There are plenty of folks around here willing to help and answer any questions. You'll be up and running in no time!

Cheers,
Brian

You wouldn't believe what's happened here in the 4 1/2 years you've been gone. I'm at 75 and Union Centre which was a massive wild area with a new High School. Now....5 hotels, 20+ restaurants, 24 screen theater, 8 banks and my new warehouse.

Thanks for your welcome and hopefully you are a Steelers fan!!!!

The wife and I went down for a weekend last year to visit some friends. I couldn't believe how much Union Centre had changed. When we moved, the Texas Roadhouse was the only open restaurant there and they hadn't broken ground for the theater yet.

Congrats on the 1st chicken. I'm glad it turned out well. You might try reading some of the threads on brining your birds first for an extra juicy result. Also, I suggest trying "beer can chicken" next time. It's one of our favorites around here.

Cheers,
Brian

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky