• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New guy from North Georgia

JAK3

Joined Aug 13, 2022
New guy checking in from the North Georgia Mountains. Found this forum from a link someone posted on another forum. Been lurking for a while and finally decided to join.

I enjoy grilling, smoking, sous vide and cast iron cooking. I currently have a Camp Chef XXL vertical smoker, Char Griller Classic charcoal grill, MHP WNK 4 gas grill, ANOVA AN500 sous vide circulator and too many cast iron pans, griddles, etc to name off.

Fairly new to pellet smoking but I'm enjoying it so far. I used to have an Oklahoma Joe Longhorn offset smoker but we had a tree fall in a storm and it crushed it. I'll eventually get another one, but with four kids and working 70+ hours per week I found myself using the offset smoker less often than I've been using the pellet smoker. It's nice to just "set it and forget it" so to speak.

Anyways, I look forward to learning some new things and interacting with y'all. Seems to be a great group of folks here from what I can tell.

tbern

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 27, 2015
Welcome to the forum from Minnesota! Sounds like your well into the smoking hobby! Enjoy your time here.

TNJAKE

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Welcome from Tennessee. Glad you joined up

JAK3

Joined Aug 13, 2022
Thanks y'all.

Just threw 2 pork butts in the smoker. Rubbed them in Meat Church Gospel rub and rested in the fridge for an hour before I threw them in. Gonna do an overnight smoke at 225°. Not gonna wrap them or spritz them at all. I left the fat cap on and am smoking them fat side down. Gonna feed the fam tomorrow and the guys at work on Monday. I made one the same way a few weeks ago and planned on bringing some to work but the family wouldn't let me take the rest in, lol.

20220813_200104.jpg

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Welcome from Nova Scotia

Glad you joined , this is the place to learn, show and tell, and have some fun

David

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 12, 2018
Welcome from Dacula Ga. You'll find this is the best place to be.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.