New Guy from NJ!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

moviewithnotitle

Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
Hi all,
New guy here from NJ. I got turned on to smoking meat and SMF from a good friend and member here. He introduced me to Fatties some time ago, and has been encouraging me to get a smoker. I finally pulled the trigger on a Masterbuilt Elec. Simple and easy for now.

The wife and I are big into BBQ and use our Weber more than the stove and toaster oven combined, so a smoker seems to be a perfect fit for us. Plus the wife is interested in doing a few recipies of her own (Sweet!). Reason for the smoker choice, we have a newborn so time is precious. I do hope that when we purchase a house, I'll be in a position to get a traditional unit.

MWNT

MWNT, Welcome to the SMF Family. Lots of MES users here so you'll be able to get great help with smoker. Nice to hear that Mrs. MWNT wants to try her hand at doing her recipes.

By looking through all the forums, she can get great menu ideas for complete smoked meals and that includes dessert.

Looking forward to your posts!

BTW, congrats on the new baby, it will be no time and baby will be gnawing on a rib bone!!

Enjoy!

Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For Those of you New to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.
Click Here it's "FREE"... 5 Day eCourse

Everyone here enjoys seeing the Qview so be sure to post plenty of pics...

Large ones that us old people with bad eyes can see.

When you uploading to Photobucket I always use the Large IMG setting, 640 x 480 it is a nice size...

How to post Qview to Forum:

For Step By Step Instructions On Posting Qview Check Out This Tutorial

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=82034

Welcome to SMF MWNT!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Mac

Welcome to the site MWNT, took a while but folks in Jersey are finally catching the smoking bug.
Where about in Jersey are you?

First off welcome MWNT to SMF. You'll like it here cause there are abunch of good folks here that would just love to help you out with just about anything to do with smoking. We really like to have newbies here because they can bring in a new propective to how things are done. There's nothing like a new set of eyes to give and new way to make things that little differant to make things alittle better. So I hope you know about the Qview here.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=58920
Here's a link to photobucket it's free and easy to download pictures. Then if your really new to smoking Look up the E-course.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...play.php?f=127
It's also free and it will give you the basics of smoking. So after all of that you just need to go grab something to smoke and if you have any question just post them here and we will answer it quickly so you don't have any mishaps with your smoke.
Welcome To Your New Addiction

Beware:

OBSESSIVE SMOKING DISORDER
This is a very contagious activity which never ends; it consumes weekends, spare time, and generates more friends than you can shake a Rib at!!!
In an attempt to satisfy the temptations, one may find himself surrounded by friends, enjoying life, spending hard earned cash on those goodies the other guys have and finding you have the ability to make “THIN BLUE SMOKE”!

Welcome to the SMF, and congrats on the new MES. Good to hear that your wife is getting involved, smoke is a good bonding agent. It's all good my friend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky