New guy from Montana here.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swinging meat

StickBurners
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Chinook, Mt.
Hi all I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I live in north central Montana, my wifes hometown. Im 31 years old and enjoy hunting and fishing. We have a small ranch and run some cows only about 70 head at the moment, but we are in the process of picking up some more ground so hopefully we get it. I have been a pretty good hand around a grill for quite some time now, but I am pretty new to smoking meat. I have lived in North Carolina, Tennessee, Kansas, and Texas each of which have their own distinct brand of BBQ and I love each of them. Some friends entered me in a rib cook off about a month ago and that started the bug. I currently in the process of buldiing my first smoker using a 55 gal. drum and a 16 gal. drum cut off and ofset for the smoke box. I look foward to reading helpful info form all.

Thanks,

Jayson

Welcome to SMF. Remember, smoked elk meat is great!

Swinging meat?Hmmm... is that from trucking days as a meat hauler or no connection to the Handle? Just curious, I was an old driver for about 10yrs. Anyhow, welcome and have a blast, good people and good advice here!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Welcome tot he SMF. If you have any questions regarding your project, just ask the friendly members who also enjoy a good home built smoker.

Welcome to the forum. Don't forget to show us some pics of the smoker in the build process.

Welcome Jayson, its great to see another Montana boy here. I am over in the NW corner on Flathead lake. You will no doubt learn a lot here. Have fun.
icon_smile.gif

Welcome Jayson. You have found the right place to smoke. I would like to see pics of the smoker build too. Have fun ,be safe and enjoy the info.

Nice to meet all or you. I will try to post some picks of the build as it goes. I am not sure how to but should be able to figure it out.

Welcome to the SMF family. Lots of good folk here to help you out. ask any question you have and someone will be along with the answer. you will get all the help you need and then some

welcome to smf, some pix of that smoker or as we call ir qview would be cool!!!! hang on for tha ride!!!

Good to have another Montanan along. You will find lots of great folks willing to share their knowledge. Have them 70 momma cows calved yet. We are down to about 30 or so. It's been a long winter (always is it seems).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky