New guy from Missouri

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

savagemarksman

Original poster
Mar 8, 2016
Hey guys, just found this page last night and figured I'd join. I'm just getting into smoking and this site seems like a wealth of knowledge.

Right now I have a small charbroil horizontal smoker I've had success making deer tenderloins and a couple of pork shoulder on. I'd like to move onto something larger this summer. Are the Oklahoma Joe's smokers any good? They seem to be built like a tank in comparison to the others I've seen in the same price range. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to SMF!

Your right the Ok Joe's are built well for the price. Several guys on here have them. There are some mods that you can do to them to make them even better.

Al

Last edited:
Thanks Al, I'm going to put a dampner in the charbroil one I have right now. Hopefully this summer I'll be able to upgrade to something a little larger.

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from a wet and soggy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky