New Grinder Stuff

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Well I finally received my Champion Juicer for emulsifying mince for dogs, bologna and such. Seems in pretty good shape and very torquey. Have the blank plate to replace the screen for emulsifying.
951FB5B7-4C61-4D7B-A295-F570B6CD6089.jpeg

So to celebrate that acquisition, I picked up a dual grind head for my Big Bite #8. Probably didn’t need it, but am going to test run it as one pass 1/8 plate. So you probably already guessed, but I’m making dogs today. Probably smoke in the early morning along with my dry cured and dry aged buckboard bacon.
34A91159-41FE-4C87-9734-CFF9A7B3E687.jpeg

As a side note, this attachment fits either the #8 and/or the #12 grinder and is a #8 size. I’d be pissed if I had the #12. They did the same thing with the big grinders #22 and #32 the dual grind head is #22.
I’ll start a different thread and post results. Making dogs and a couple ring bologna, the ring is for supper tonight.

Congrats on your new toy! Look forward to seeing what you all make!

Ryan

The juicer is an absolute beast. 7# of mince emulsified in about 10 minutes. Unreal.

Would have never considered a "juicer" to be used for emulsifying meat. :emoji_astonished: I didn't know it was a thing.
Why the Champion? Was there a consideration to just by the juicer attachment for your grinder?

Would have never considered a "juicer" to be used for emulsifying meat. :emoji_astonished: I didn't know it was a thing.
Why the Champion? Was there a consideration to just by the juicer attachment for your grinder?
The Champion juicer was designed in the 50’s and has not changed. Has a G.E electric motor at 1/3 hp and the head is stainless steel coated in vinyl. This thing is a tank. Nothing cheap about it. Not many juicers on the market will emulsify meat or stand up to that stress. This thing though is a beast. And well worth the 100 buck it cost to buy it and ship it used from fleabay. This is the machine for home emulsifying for sure.

Nice! I just do small batches in my KA mixer to emulsify. But I rarely make more than 5 lbs. of hot dogs or bologna, so it works for me!
Al

Reactions: SmokinEdge
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky