New from Michigan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

unclelou

Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
Hey everyone,

Awesome site here, lots of info , been reading for a while finally posting.

I've been smoking on a Smoke vault 18  for about ten years now. It still works pretty good but recently got into making sausage and want to start smoking some andouille and others. thinking about an electric smoker now for more consistent temp in colder temps.

I was looking at the masterbuilt Sport eliteGS40 or other comparable electric for $200-$300 range. Looked at pellets... yoder, rec tec,

nice but don't have the funds now. Thanks for any info and all the past info I've read very helpful

Welcome to the group, Lou!  Lots of members here use and like the MES40.  I used to have one myself before upgrading to a pellet rig, and liked it a lot.

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky