New from Central Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sirovenmitt

Original poster
Jun 20, 2015
Cedar Park TX
Wanted to say hello to everyone on the site. Been lurking for a month reading and trying to learn. I bought the Char Griller Akorn Kamado kooker last month from Homedepot and completed the mods I read about on this site and another. I have only grilled couple NY strip steaks and some Salmon so far. I have zero smoking experience and my last grill could barely grill anything. I plan on trying Bears step by step Pork Butt in the morning since I just got my spices in from Pendarys. Will post some Q-view if it doesnt turn out too bad ;) 

Welcome to the board! You'll have fun learning this pursuit. You might try chicken pieces as an inexpensive way to learn the quirks of your rig.

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

You are in the hart of Texas smoking country

Gary

Welcome from SC. Yes, the chicken is excellent advice. That's the great thing about this site, there's always great tips and ideas to be shared. Good luck and good smokin', Joe.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky