New from CA

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by iamrip, Oct 16, 2006.

1. iamrip

iamrip Fire Starter

Hey everyone. I am brand new to smoking. I tried some smoked meat about two years ago made by my wifes grandfather. I went out and bought a used smoker at a yard sale for $20 but I never actually tried to smoke anything until just this weekend. Yesterday was my first attempt at smoking anything. I have lots of questions so you will be hearing from me quite a bit in the future I am sure. Thanks q3131a for your brine recipe in the smoking chicken post. It worked great!

2. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome, Welcome!

Glad you are here. If you have questions, the friendly folks here at SMF will be glad to make answer. Please consider taking Jeff's 5-day course by email.

What make of smoker do you have?

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

3. ted

ted Fire Starter

Welcome !! I'm new too and can say that you came to the right place! And def sign up for the eCourse!!
    Cheers, Ted

4. iamrip

iamrip Fire Starter

I went through the e-course and it was great. There was a lot of good information there.

5. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Welcome to SMF rip!!! If you already got the ecourse and a smoker all that's left is practice, practice, practice. [​IMG] I look forward to reading your smoking adventures in the forums.

6. smokemack

smokemack Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome iamrip, good to have you with us. What do smoke on? What did you smoke for your first run, and how'd it turn out?

7. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF, iamrip!

8. q3131a

q3131a Meat Mopper OTBS Member

Welcome. How's life in sunny CA?

9. cheech

cheech Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum please share with us what kind of smoker you have and please feel free to join the chat room too it is a great way to get answers back fast