New Forum Idea

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

monty

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 17, 2005
Newark, Vermont
This is something I have been mulling around for a bit.

A New Forum on Seasonings and Herbs.

Even though we let out our secrets in the Beef, Pork, Sausage, etc forums there really is no place to discuss seasonings and herbs.

Our membership has a vast knowledge on this subject. This will be a place to go when you are stumped and need a few suggestions to prepare a meal.

It will be a place where one can ask about the use of various seasonings and herbs. We have the folks with the info and I am sure a lot of folks with the questions!

So, how 'bout it brothers and sisters! Do we need this new forum?

CHeers!

Works for me, I could gain a lot of info
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

That's right up my alley. I have more spices and herbs than some people will ever buy, but every now and then I get an idea for something new...

Great idea, Monty. I think we should keep this to Seasonings and Herbs only because there is an established Forum for rubs in "Sauces, Rubs & Marinades".

Thanks for the support folks!

The intent of this new forum is strictly meant for the discussion of individual herbs and spices. And as Dutch has pointed out we already have a section for Rubs, Sauces and marinades.

For example, I like to grow rosemary. There are many ways to use fresh rosemary, dried rosemary and dried powdered rosemary. And there are many ways to preserve it. Plus, the strength of rosemary varies by the way it is prepared.

I have seen rub recipes that include Chinese Five Spice powder. This new forum would be the spot to latch onto what that combo actually includes and in what proportion.

Thanks again for the responses and I hope to see some more comments and feedback!

Cheers!

I like the idea! I'm always looking for new spice combos for all my cooking.

Go for it, please!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Just got back in town...Great idea...I vote Yes. That's one area I need help in.
PDT_Armataz_01_20.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky