New Diamond Plate Smoker????

Discussion in 'Wood Smokers' started by lawdog, Feb 2, 2008.

1. lawdog

lawdog Smoking Fanatic

We have about got our vol fire chief talked into a new series 79 Diamond Plate products smoker http://www.diamondplateproducts.com/70_Series.php to augment the homebuilt that the VFD already has to smoke once a year on the 4th of July, the rest of the 364 days I can use like it was mine.
    Anyone with info/experiance or thoughts on this rig post and let me know what you think.

Lawdog

2. smok'n steve

smok'n steve Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice looking unit, but if it were me, I would go with the Lang 84. The guys can grill burgers/chicken on both sides of the Lang(2 doors) or you can smoke low and slow all day. It is cheaper priced too. Lang doesn't have a huge list of extras that add to the purchase price:) Of course, I have never used a diamond plate so I am leaning on what I know is a great deal.

http://www.pigroast.com/original84.htm

3. white cloud

white cloud Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I just looked at the lang site. Wow, still a bit pricey. Could probably pick up an old gremlim alot cheaper,it has a nice big door on the back and wheels too. just kiddin.

4. smokeys my pet

smokeys my pet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Lawdog I really like these also. Someday I want a large unit also. Hop you all can do very well with this on your fund raisers. I know alot of people like to support thr FD in our area as just about all areas do!!!!!!!!! That model fat 50 would be a nice on I belieave also!!!!!!!!!!! Antway good luck!!!!!

5. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

lawdog
    That is one heck of a smoker, looking at those stacks makes me wonder how many horsepower that baby has under the hood !!!

6. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice looking smoker...... Wish you luck on getting it..........

Kookie