new but old

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

miamirick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 28, 2009
plantation fl
just found this forum and it looks like a fun place, i live in wonderful? Miami and not to many smokers down here, i do not know anyone else with a smoker and when i talk about mine noone comprehends it as a hobby. My wife, kids, friends who are at the house (every weekend) for the food laugh thier asses off as im taking pictures and writing down what im doing, My dog loves me though and never makes fun of me when the smoker is on!, no sweat off my back, i love it and they never complain about the Q. I started about 8 years ago with a simple vertical charcoal dont remember the name, upgraded to a brinkman electric, wore it out and now have a great smokey mountain propane, (wish I could switch it to natural gas) propane $25 tank here! But since its very roomy i always feel a need to fill it, so usually have leftovers for the week at work! looking forward to some good recipies swapping with those who understand "smoking aint just eatin"

If you like pictures, i like takin em

Hey dude,
As we say in the Navy, welcome aboard! You are in good company. Like yourself, I have grilled for many years-in 1969 on a Hibachi grill-but if you stay aboard, there is a wealth of knowledge here. Smoking is a whole different deal.
Keep smokin!

Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For Those of you New to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.
Click Here it's "FREE"... 5 Day eCourse

Everyone here enjoys seeing the Qview so be sure to post plenty of pics...

Large ones that us old people with bad eyes can see.

When you uploading to Photobucket I always use the Large IMG setting, 640 x 480 it is a nice size...

How to post Qview to Forum:

For Step By Step Instructions On Posting Qview Check Out This Tutorial

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=82034

Welcome aboard - you will find lots of very helpful folks here - be sure to post some of those pics you are taking. Dont be afraid to ask questions, someone always has the answer

hey scarbelly,sounds like my wife, she always has the answer!

You will be right at home here, Rick. Now you will have a place to post all that q-vue that you have been taking. We won't laugh at you, but we will laugh with you; welcome to the SMF family.

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you join us.

Welcome to the SMF. You're in for some good fun with great folks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky