New Brinkman Trailmaster Vertical Barrel smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fat dog

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
Kingsport Tennessee
I bought this smoker at Home Depot 3 weeks ago and I am cooking on it for the second time as I write this. I also own the horizontal version of the Trailmaster. This one seems to use much less fuel and wood. To my pleasant surprise the factory thermometer  is within five degrees of what it says. I checked it with a digital thermometer. Also has a latch on the door that holds it shut really well. Cons are that the door of the smoker is large and allows a lot of heat loss very rapidly when opened. When opened you have to work like a NASCAR pit crew so you don't loose so much heat. But....temps stay steady as long as its shut. Also the charcoal pan is a bit wide for the door so you have to tilt it to get it out. Pros are it is well built for a smoker in this price range. Much heavier metal than most. I paid 100 bucks so not too bad!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky