New Braunfels smoker question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

silverhawx

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Colorado Springs
I found one for sale for $75 OBO. Is this a good deal?
icon_rolleyes.gif

There are a bunch of different models that have been manufactured under the New Braunsfels name. Do you have any idea which one it is? It also matters if it's old or new. The older ones were made out of much heavier steel.

Yes it is worth the money,,,,give it some love and you can burn a lot of lump or char...or wood chuncks ,,,splints...All I see is replace some boards... and knock off some rust and re paint,,,easy fix...use it for a few years and repaint it and double your money...the american way.

That is the same smoker i had till it met an end under a storm felled oak tree.
Get IT!!!

i would skip the repainting. knock off the rust with a wire brush, then get her hot (275 or more) and rub her down with vegetable oil. i did that to mine after several repaints and i feel like the oil is a better way to go.

Well I just picked up my New Old Smoker. I was told it is the Silver Model with the Gas Starter for the Firebox. It is in great condition not at all rusted thru. Some new wood and Handles and she will be fun to work with. It has the smoke stack Mod and the Heat distrabution Mod. Made out of real metal. If anyone has one feel free to contact me with your advise on operating and modifying it.
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif
I wil post pick when I learn how.

The link doesn't work... also it should start with http://. Just copy and past it from your address bar in your browser.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky