NEW BRAUNFELS HONDO SMOKER # 10201599

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

olddawg

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 14, 2010
Conover, NC
I have an opportunity to pick one of these for $80.  It's new but has a few dent that won't affect the cooking properties.  Any thoughts or comments on this smoker?

I went and checked this smoker out.  The only dent was on the bottom storage rack.  Offered $50 and he countered with $60 so I bought it.  Now I need to do some reading on mod to tune this cooker up.  Any and all suggestions would be most welcome.

Added a baffle, lowered the chimney to the cooking grate level and added to thermometers to the top at grate level.  Fired it up to season and found a difference of 25 degrees from the fire box side to the opposite side of the smoker.  I'm thinkin' I can take the original charcoal pan from the cooker, turn it upside down and drill hole in it and maybe that will even out the heat.  Any other suggestions?  Lowes has a master forge grillin' wok that I am going to pick up for a fire box.

od

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky