Never saw a Butt I Didn't Like

Discussion in 'Pork' started by gethenet, Aug 31, 2008.

1. 4am.......Roll over and smack the Butt...She then kicks me OUT of bed![​IMG]

and I get the"other" Butt ready

more to come...

2. Hour into the smoke....Im having a dang of a time with temp....I setup the smoker a little different thismorning....half due to DARKNESS...and other half....well im not sure....It had NOTHING to do with the BEER I had less than 1-5-3-7...hours ago!

Wants to spike way up to 268....I had to shut the damper all the way on the fire box...and almost all the way on the stack to get her to come down....I just went out and opened the vent a tad...she is now down to 226....so I hope she straightens out....

3. smokin365

smokin365 Smoking Fanatic

Good luck with both butts[​IMG]

4. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

leave the stack OPEN, AT ALL TIMES 100%. A butt can take 265, but it don't need stale nasty smoke.[​IMG]

put a couple of them on at 5 am myself! gonna add fatties, beans amd chickens later in the day. Dinner is to be served at 5:30-6 pm, somewhere in there anyways.[​IMG]

5. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Face it... only guarantee at 4 AM is a pork butt. Can't hurt to try, but have the mustard ready-

-Signed..a veteran

6. Is this for me?..or the Butt?[​IMG]

7. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

May increase yer odds with #1. Will increase your flavor with #2. Go with the flavor.

Still- A veteran!

8. 2 Hr's in

9. pinkmeat

pinkmeat Smoking Fanatic

Looking good man, any rum left?

10. Well...Its suppose to be 3 part AJ 1 part Rum right?
    So I had to drink some rum...to even it all out![​IMG]

11. She's @ 105 after hr 3....smoking right along she is...temps seem to hold right around 230 or so....but thats with the side damper shut down all the way tight...stack WIDE open

12. smoke freak

smoke freak StickBurners

Maybe she wouldnt have been so cold if she knew you had another butt to turn to. Oh yeah, and a bottle of rum.

Good lookin butt. Havent done a butt in along time. Mastered the brisket thing instead.

13. seboke

seboke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Can't speak for everybody, but that's MY preferred method! Butt's lookin good!

14. Isnt she a bute?

15. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

sounds like ya got it going good now, at least with butt #2![​IMG]

I got a pic, if its ok to post on your butt thread![​IMG]

This is at 135 after 4 hrs!

Looks kinda lonely in there, but there will be additions throughout the day.

I will start my own thread though, and I would be happy to have others post on it too.[​IMG]

16. now thats a couple butts with some serious crack.....[​IMG]

17. dangerdan

dangerdan Meat Mopper OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Yeah,,,, Cpat. Dan's known for his butt crack(s) [​IMG]

Thats why he wears them famous bibs...lol

Nice butts guys...

18. sitting at 158... Its getting foiled at 160...and into the oven til end....lol I need a nap[​IMG]

19. its nappy time...got her foiled and in the oven...set at 230....hope it gets to 205 by dinner[​IMG] ..which is probably 5-6-7-8.....[​IMG] AM!!!!

20. Everything turned out as planned!

Thanks for looking...Now its time to tackle that other Butt![​IMG]