Neighbors over for dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ab canuck

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 20, 2016
Alberta Canada
Well we were visiting with our neighbors and asked them over for dinner. We decided to make up some Meat candy, a couple fatties. One a philly cheesteak and one a spin on piazza but no peppers as one of the kids is allergic, and we did a taco pasta salad. Well it was their kids first time at smoked food... Wow did they enjoy.....
Meat Candy 1.jpg

The meat candy, Medjool dates pitted and stuffed with homade spicy Italian sausage then wrapped in bacon. On the smoker until cooked to 160 this time as bacon is just crisp.
Supper.jpg

We did a philly Cheese steak fattie, peppers, onions and provolone cheese, The second we stuffed with spicy Italian sausage, black forest ham, beirwurst sausage, and fresh mushroom and onion with pizza sauce. The salad is a Taco pasta salad that our kids usually devour lol. The sausage and ham were all home made as well.
PD supper.jpg

Here you go, Thx. for checking it out.

Looks great! The Dates are especially interesting. I've had similar done with Spanish Chorizo and Cream cheese. Good eats...JJ

Those look mighty appetizing AB, can you taste the date's in the meat candy?

Point for sure.

Chris

Great looking meal!
I bet the neighbors will be wanting to come over more often!
Congrats on making the carousel!
Al

Last edited:
The meat candy is a nice treat, My wife hates dates but loves these. When you bite into them you get the nice spicy sausage the sweetness of the date and some texture of it but then the smokey saltiness of the bacon is in the mixture. So to answer, you taste the texture and sweetness to some extent, but it is wrapped in all the other tastes that you don't know it is a date. We usually let people try them before we tell them lol and so far most people love them.
Thx, all for the comments and likes. Much appreciated.

Charlie sorry I didn't hit Post Reply,I wish I was one of your neighbors if you lived in Fla. Points
Richie

Meat Candy!!! Oah Jesus........my wife is going to love me longtime for providing her with a tray of these bastids.

Thanks for the share!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky