Needle valve help please

Discussion in 'Propane Smokers' started by cconk454, Apr 29, 2008.

1. cconk454

cconk454 Fire Starter

Ok I did a search but could not find the exact procedure for putting a needle valve on my GOSM. I don't want to mess anything up so just a few procedural steps would be nice. Can all the required parts be gotten at ACE or Home Depot or do you have to go to a specialty store. And lastly, what are the exact parts that I will need. Thanks guys and gals

2. superdave

superdave Smoking Fanatic

Can someone tell me if a needle valve operates differently than a variable regulator? Standard regulator + needle valve = variable regulator?

3. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

The needle valve is a great mod. when used with care. When you get that flame way down low, sometimes it doesn't take much to blow it out, in the meantime your propane is still existing from the burner. As a safety precaution, I would recommmend a remote therm that will alarm you when the temp starts to drop. The temp will drop like a rock if the flame goes out. Better to be safe than sorry. There... I've said emough. Enjoy your GOSM!

4. bustedluckbarbq

bustedluckbarbq Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Smokey's my pet added one to one of his... he liked it... maybe shoot him a PM... think it did for around 10 bucks or something....