Needing a good recipe for a pork loin

Discussion in 'Pork' started by bbrock, May 17, 2010.

1. bbrock

bbrock Meat Mopper

I am wanting to smoke a pork loin. I can not make my mind up if I want to just put a rub on it and smoke it or if I want to stuff it and smoke it. So any info please on what would be best. Thanks

2. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

They are both great the best idea would be to buy another one and do both ways [​IMG]

3. forluvofsmoke

forluvofsmoke Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I haven't done alot of loins...this is a stuffed loin I did once upon a time...pretty tasty and a bit of a challenge to put together:
    http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=73540

It's an idea, anyway. The pics are from ancient times, before I knew of Photobucket...just click on the thumbnail for a large view.

Eric

4. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

5. pit 4 brains

pit 4 brains Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Roll it out and stuff it. This is a good time to use up your leftovers in the fridge. Almost anything will work for stuffing..

Browned sausage
    cheese
    chinese food
    braised cabbage
    spinach
    bacon pieces mixed with anything
    potato pancakes.. believe me.. just adda bit of bacon fat to help keep it moist
    chili
    etc..

6. cliffcarter

cliffcarter Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Inject it with apple juice, apply your favorite pork rub and smoke til done to your satisfaction. I take mine to 150F internal.

7. walle

walle Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

8. dirt guy

dirt guy Smoking Fanatic

You can always try your hand at a Pork-U-Pine. Check the link out in my signature line......