Need to know_chicken 1/4's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

aj929rr

Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Tampa area
I need too know roughly how long to leave th quarts on and what internal temp? I kinda forgot...... LOL
icon_lol.gif

I Have Smoked Chicken Legs Only...i Use A Somewhat Low And Slow Method ..try To Keep The Temp Arpund 250 Or A Bit Higher If You Can..the Real Trick To Chicken Is The Brine..you Dont Need To Brine Small Parts As Much As A Whole Chicken..leg Quarters Require Less Time..i Would Say 4 Hours Tops But Keep In Mind Your Prefrences..if Your Using A Bbq Sauce..apply It When Internal Temps Reach 140 To 150 Degrees..why Good Bbq Sauce Loves To Glaze....when It Hits The Temps Remove All Water In The Smoker..add Bbq Sauce ..coat Heavly..a Good Glaze Is When Ya Touch It And Kinda Comes Off As A Paste..never Remove Till It Hits At Least 167 Degrees..use Your Thermo ..poke Every Piece..the Best Chicken Is What You Love To Eat..use Your Own Judgement.mike

My wife wants her smoked chicken DONE!! I usually smoke 10 lbs of chicken leg quarters quite abit. We seem to end up with a temp of 250 to 275 in smoker, takes around 5 hours for her to be happy. No brining cause, no high temps because we do not eat the skin.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky