need some help?Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meat~smoker in n.j.

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
south river,
Ok I got my pork butt up to 145 ,,, now I know foil @ 165 & go to 200 & so on... my question is ... can i put butt in a heavy duty stainless steell pan put in the apple juice / cap`n morgan/ soy sauce mix in bottom & cover with temp probe of course !!! lol & finish to 200* ..... any ideas ????

I don't know man, I think I would save the Capt Morgan for tomorrow's game!!!!

probably make is mushy, but I don't know. gonna soak up in the bark, If it was me, I wouldn't unless you are just putting very lil in there like 1/2 cup or less.

Some people use a covered aluminum pan instead of foiling. No need to use stainless.

Personally I would forget the soy sauce. You can't drink out of spritz bottle.
biggrin.gif

8 hrs into butt, (smoking)/lol... a few beers down along the way!! temp showing 163 going slow now .... gonna foil @ 165 put in gas smoker warming up now ...& bring to 200
I used my charbroiller pro/w/sfb..... lumpwood charcoal/& oak wood...for fire .......& apple& hickory for the smoke...ok hjave fun catch ya`ll later
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

I understand the argument the others are making about mushy bark, but I've finished/reheated many in a crockpot which gets all sorts of fat in the bottom and people still really like it. Noone has ever complained!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky