1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Need opions/advice about an idea?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by daddyzaring, Sep 27, 2010.

1. daddyzaring

daddyzaring Smoking Fanatic

I bought a couple of gyro kits to make for lunches for the wife and I during the week while the kids are in school.  Well while cooking the meet (beef, not lamb [​IMG]) that looked alot like strips of bacon, I had an idea!  How about a gyro fatty? lol  However I don't know too much about gyros, other than I like to eat them, and I think they're supposed to be Greek (which I am not familiar with Greek food either).  Anyway I was hoping maybe someone one here might be a little more knowledgible, and tell me what kinds of seasoning would be good to use, or any ideas or tips at all? 

Thank you,

Jeff Z

2. daddyzaring

bump?

3. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

Sounds like a great idea.

However I know less about that than you do. I'm sure someone will help you out.

Bear

4. cliffcarter

cliffcarter Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  5. daddyzaring

Are those the seasonings usually used when making a gyro?

I perfer to get help from on this site, before I do a google search, google doesn't interact with you like real people on here do.[​IMG]

6. tom37

tom37 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Jeff, I'm not posting this to give ya a hard time by any means. I saw it posted on another site and thought it was pretty funny.

Try this link

How to season