Need help with Elec Charbroil

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

earlk

Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
Just bought a Charbroil H2O electric smoker. I tried to use it several times and can't get the temp above 200 and the meat above 140. Using hickory wood and the controller turned all the way up. Have called Charbroil twice and they have not helped. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Bubba's prolly dead nuts right on the thermo, altho you mention the meat temp. You have a hand held digital? What's your
weather like? Rain by chance?

I have a Char grill also. Your thermometer is sticking. I'm not sure about why your meat temp isn't getting above 140 though. I haven't had the problem with the meat temperature. That should be a problem with the heat controller. If you have a warranty, have Char grill replace your heat control unit. Replace the thermometer with a high quality thermo from a restaurant supply shop.

have you done any reading on here about meat temp plateau? i was nervous mine stayed at 140 in different brands/types of smokers, for about an hour, then finally started going up slowly. so you may not actually have a problem.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky