Need help w/ sat. smoke.....beans and PP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pne123

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
I am going to make pulled pork and dutch's bean on saturday. I have never made the beans before so I have some questions.

I know the beans go in under the meat so the juices drip into the beans. The pork will take all day when do you put the beans in the smoker? No reason to put them in later cuz the butt will be wrapped in foil and no reason to put it in when the butt is resting in the cooler.

So i am thinking about 1-2 hrs into the smoke so the juices are flowing good and then just re-heat to serve......

beans are gonna take 2-3 hrs-and always pull off and reheat.

wow....never had my beer hat on before.....beer goggles, yet....beer hat, first time

im also doing the beans. do ribs drip? im sure a little bit. anybody ever do the beans while letting ribs drip in em?

I do them that way all the time and since I have my smoker figured out I never foil my ribs or butts.

As for cook times 1- 1 1/2 hour is good make sure to stir the beans once in awhile to get smoke into the beans. I check the beans with the probe thermo to make sure that they are at 160 deg. If you put them on early you can always reheat them in the oven.

thanks dutch....any reason not to mix all ingredents up the nite before?

Never tried the beans because they sounded to sweet for me. I tried them and they were as good as everyone said. I did not put in the jalapenos cuz the kids (2 and 4) are eating it. did everything else pretty much to the recipe. I got unsliced bacon locally made and chunked it instead of slices. I also got crushed pineapple instead of chunk. grabbed it on accident. i liked it. I think i liked it better than a large piece.

Along w/ the beans smoked a 5lb butt for pulled pork, pastrami, spam, and rib eyes. Only ate the steaks and they were an after thought. it was the only thing that got done in time for dinner. put the butt on at 8am and pulled at 10pm but I got way drunk. my brother and I drank a 12pack before switching to the BIG bottle of premade gold margarita's which we finished. it was sunny and 70deg. great day!! my head still is not quite right yet today. oh well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky