Need help naming my spice & tool carrier - Show me yours too!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gofish

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 4, 2006
Southern MD
Okay, I tend to make many trips in & out of the house because I forget to bring one thing or another to the cook table out back.  I used to use a basket ... It was small, didn't have a handle, and looked a little 'less manly' than I hoped for.  My daughter laughed when I used 'manly' as a criteria for needing a change.  This is what I came up with.  It works well for getting most of the small stuff I need all in one trip.  

I drilled a few holes in the center wall to holster a stick lighter and the cooker therm.  My daughter helped decorate it with some bumper stickers we had.  (Maybe it doesn't look so 'manly' anymore.)  It still feels way more functional than that old crappy basket.

The problem is that we have about three main names for it:  The man tote, bbq tool box & 'your bucket'.  I am not hooked on any of them.

I am looking for one name to label this thing with.  So throw out some new name ideas, and hopefully I can lay this issue to rest.

What are you guys using to haul spices, tools, & beers around with?  Post up your pictures here.  Thanks

I carry mine out in my hands like a man. Lol. Making several trips. Why don't you just put it all in your purse. Just kidding. I've been looking for something to keep my stuff together.

I carry mine out in my hands like a man. Lol. Making several trips. Why don't you just put it all in your purse. Just kidding. I've been looking for something to keep my stuff together.
biggrin.gif
 ... buddy's in the neighborhood have basically said the same thing to me ... If they aint makin fun of you, that means they don't like you   
icon14.gif

I just keep most of it outside on the patio where my grill and smoker are. I bought one of those tall plastic Rubbermaid Cabinets. About $100.00 and it works very well.

I just keep most of it outside on the patio where my grill and smoker are. I bought one of those tall plastic Rubbermaid Cabinets. About $100.00 and it works very well.
Good idea.  I used to keep a 'sealed' container out back, but the east coast humidity created it's own weather pattern in there.  How's the Rubbermaid do with keeping critters out?

Works great. Solid construction and the door latches pretty good. I put a padlock and hasp on it. Of course if someone wanted it bad enough they could just take the whole thing. LOL

My other suggestion was Mr. French, but then I would have classified myself as old with the tv reference!
Good call.  I remember Mr French!   We wont call ourselves old ... we'll just say we are well versed in classic TV.  

Now that's funny, I too carry things out in my hands.  After the 5th trip I think about getting a bucket, never do, and the cycle repeats its self.  Good idea on the bucket.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky