Need GOOD smoked sausage recipies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mudhole

Original poster
Dec 19, 2014
Been doing smoked sausage with pork butts and they've been "ok"....

Looking to make more but want to try something different and looking to see what yalls best recipies are!

Been doing smoked sausage with pork butts and they've been "ok"....

Looking to make more but want to try something different and looking to see what yalls best recipies are!
Mudhole, what kind have you done thus far and where did you get the recipes? My vote would be for Andouille...but that's just cause I love me some gumbo!

Mudhole, what kind have you done thus far and where did you get the recipes? My vote would be for Andouille...but that's just cause I love me some gumbo!
<chuckles>

But Andouille ain't sausage. Its a seasoning meat. It takes longer to cook tender to give off those wonderful flavors.

But it sure is good, ain't it!

Mmmmmm........ gumbo!

Last edited:
I've done that NOLA one, I liked it the best so far!
Just want to try to find other good recipies to try!

<chuckles>

But Andouille ain't sausage. Its a seasoning meat. It takes longer to cook tender to give off those wonderful flavors.

But it sure is good, ain't it!

Mmmmmm........ gumbo!
It's sausage for me when I slice it up by itself and eat it with some smoked cheese 
drool.gif

I've been hurting to make some green onion sausage also. It's a fresh sausage, but I'm sure you could do the cure/smoke thing and it would turn out awesome also!
Mmmmmm...... White beans and fresh green onion sausage......

Boudin is not really sausage either, but its in a sausage casing and pretty dang tastee.....

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky