Need a new smoker

Discussion in 'Charcoal Smokers' started by twanger1994, Sep 18, 2009.

1. twanger1994

twanger1994 Fire Starter

Im looking for a new smoker. id like to find something similar to: new Braunfels Longhorn Smoker. really not trying to spend that much any ideas... thnx in advance

2. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Make sure you check Craigslist in your area, one time I found a brand new never used sNp on there for $65, well I found it but then when I called the person their phone was disconnected [​IMG]

3. Build yourself a USD, you won't regret it.

4. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

What he said... Craig's list is full of bargains, I have found many deals which were almost like stealing on there. It just takes patience until you find what you want...

5. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I have been saying that for a while now. I need to give in and buy the darn thing. I want a vault or just a bigger gasser maybe a big block or smoething.

6. twanger1994

twanger1994 Fire Starter

What is a usd?

7. bbq engineer

bbq engineer Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Upright Drum Smoker...I think there was a typo it is actually a UDS.

Do a search, they are really prevalent with many excellent builds that are detailed.

Good luck!

8. twanger1994

twanger1994 Fire Starter

After I posted I realized the typo. Thanks....

Anyone ever heard of or used a LA Caja China grill. Just saw one today on tv but no explanation about it. I looked at the website. www.lacajachina.com looks interesting. It can be turned into a smoker too. just curious!!!