Need a little help!

Discussion in 'Pork' started by smoke'n jack, May 22, 2009.

1. smoke'n jack

smoke'n jack Newbie

Smoking 25lbs. of pork loin for my nephews graduation and I don't want to screw it up. I am thinking of brining the loins and then putting them in the smoker. After brining is the time it takes to smoke change? I definetly do not want them to come out to salty. Should I grill these with a little hickory wood instead of putting them in the smoker? Any sugestions.

2. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

First off welcome to SMF. After brining the loins the smoke time would not change. About the only difference you should see in doing one loin and all the loins is it may take slightly longer to get up to temps once you put all that cold meat into the smoker and it may use a little more fuel to keep the temps up. Depending on the brine used they may require soaking to get rid of some of the salt or they may not it really all depends on the amount of salt in the brine solution. They will need to be rinsed off when they come out of the brine at the very least.

3. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Also you can take a thin slice of the loin and fry it to see if its too salty.