Need a little help...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Lofti13

Original poster
Feb 15, 2018
Went to a recent comp and most of the teams had humphreys smokers. Now I'm stuck between getting a "box" like a humphreys (I live in New England) or an offset reverse flow like a Lang. My original plan was to look for a pellet pooper but just not sure I'll be so happy with it. Already have a okj and pit barrel. Opinions or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Humphrey's are made in Maine, so not surprising a lot of teams competing in New England had them.

The main advantage of cabinet smokers over offset is efficiency; fire in bottom, heat and smoke rises, no wasted heat. Generally they are also well insulated, which in New England makes for a nice winter smoke. Temp zones still exist in the smoking chamber, but are minimized. The biggest disadvantage is available horizontal cooking space. Can't quite get a whole hog in a cabinet smoker in one piece, well, not that you'd want to eat after smoking.

Then there's the Lang. Perfection. Enough said.

Never cooked on one or even seen one for that matter but it sounds like a great pit. I’m a Lang owner and I have zero regrets about this bad boy.

I just did the Granite state BBQ comp. I have a Good One Heritage and my buddy has a BGE. Humphries were everywhere at the comp including the humphries team. I was impressed with them to the point that my buddy is probably buying one next month. I guess the customer service is top notch and everyone who had one loved it. Just my 2 cents

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky