Need a good/simple fatty recipe..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlansink

Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Mt. Pleasant, SC
I am new to the smoking world so I'm not looking for anything overly complicated at this point. Does anyone have some suggestions?

thanks
jeff

I like Jimmy Dean spicy, patato O'briens, cheddar, mozzerlla, jalapenos, spicy mustard.
The patato o'briens take care of patato's, onion, peppers.

Simple with good flavor.

farmland sausage rolled out and stuffed with cheese and jap's and onions roll up and wrap with bacon....Than smoke...........

Simplest around. Take your favorite ground sausage chub. Remove from wrapper. Place on smoker till done. It's good. I recommend starting with this, then experimenting with what you like (or just flatten and fill with your favorite cheese, it always goes over well).

Pound maple sausage, pound regular sausage, mix together, flatten out on wax paper until it is 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick, cook some bacon in the oven until crispy, place bacon on fatty, add schredded cheddar cheese, roll up using wax paper, seal seams and ends, use the wax paper to carry fatty to smoker, roll off onto grate, use a remote thermometer and smoke at about 250 degrees until internal is 165 degree's. Let fatty cool, slice and enjoy some heaven!

This is a good basic fatty, work your way into others from here, just add what you like and try it, there is no such thing as a bad fatty! Good luck!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Roll sausage out, spread a thin layer of crab meat, mozz cheese, and sprinkle with Old Bay. Roll up, and smoke till 165.

Chop an onion little bitty, and some chopped garlic little bitty, take a handfull of truffles and chop little bitty and then a Tablespoon of saffron crushed between the palms of your hands and sprinkle on the rolled out meat at approx. 8x10"'s . then take some wine soaked gozzamella aged cheese and crumble it upon the top. Now roll it up tight and smoke it.
Now thats what i'm talkin about.

I meant in general CG...but the fatty is the simplest and easiest choice... with a butt being second.

But I was more reacting to the raw chub suggestion ;{)

with all that input I just gonna say pull your pant legs up come in and enjoy the water-it's all good.

packplantpath hit it right on the head. I want to say my first 10 fatty were done the above way and I thought it could not get any better but then UH OH STUFFED FATTYS!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky