need a good rub for a steamship pork ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zerohero

Original poster
Jul 3, 2013
Pueblo Colorado
I know know that most hams cone with a package of glaze but I think I want to do something different. Ive never done a bone in ham before. Its going to be for the elder so can't be too spicy. Let me know what you guys have had luck with.

I am partial to a peach maple glaze with a pinch of clove. Course thats just what I am partial to right now, tomorrow it might be a Satsuma bourbon (its pretty amazing also). You can either use canned jellys for your glaze or I try to use what is in the yard or locally available. The maple is my weakness since I have to have it shipped in. LOL I have decided though, that hams require an effort to make from now on, I can afford to splurge on the maple if I like it!

You can use more muted or delicate spices if needed. Its all about what you like.

I am easy, I like booze. I like maple. I like fruit.... theres the glaze. Throw in some spice for interest.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky