• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Naked Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Naked Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer

I just love these Boneless Thighs in My Air Fryer, and they seem to be the only thing easy to get during this Raging Pandemic.

So I gave them all a quick spray with my Olive oil sprayer, and put them in a Crisper Basket, nicest side up.
I set the Fryer @ 350° for 40 minutes, because I know they’ll take nearly that long @ that Temp.
Then at 28 Minutes, I took the basket out, took their Temps, sauced both sides & flipped them over.
They had a ways to go yet, so I put the basket back in.
Checked again at 33 Minutes, not quite done, so flipped them again & sauced the nicest side, and put back in.
At 38 Minutes I Pulled the Basket & checked them. All done (At least 170°) so left them out.

So that first night I had 2 Thighs, a pile of Mashed Taters, with “Cream of Chicken” for gravy, and Peas.

Another night I toasted 2 slices of Bread, slathered some Butter on them, set them on a plate, flanked them with Chicken slices, and Dropped a Fried Egg on each slice of Toast.

That’s about it. Hope You liked it.

Bear

7 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs with a light coat of Olive Oil, and into the Crisper Basket:
IMG_6009.jpeg

Into the #360, and set @ 350°:
IMG_6010.jpeg

Pulled out for second time after 33 minutes, and flipped again & sauced on the nicest side up again, and put back in:
IMG_6011.jpeg

All finished after 38 minutes (All over 170°):
IMG_6012.jpeg

First night 2 Thighs, Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken Soup for Gravy, and Peas: (Fresh ground black pepper and "NoSalt" on Taters):
IMG_6013.jpeg

Two slices of Toast with lots of Butter:
IMG_6014.jpeg

Chicken Slices on the sides:
IMG_6015.jpeg

And a Fried Egg on each slice of Buttered Toast, to finish My second Night's Supper:
IMG_6017.jpeg

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
Joined May 12, 2018
Those thighs look really good Bear. But that second meal with the Eggs added is a great idea, I'd never thought of. Now I gotta try this. Just got an Air Fryer a few weeks ago, and so far loving it. I have several bone in thighs here, how much longer would they take in the Air Fryer do you think? Big like. Thanks for sharing.

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Looks darn good. Emeril should send you a check the way you show how you use that air fryer on here. LOL!
Jim

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
That's some good looking meals there Bear!

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Looks good bear. I could go for one of those sammiches about right now. Picked up a load of thighs yesterday

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Those thighs look really good Bear. But that second meal with the Eggs added is a great idea, I'd never thought of. Now I gotta try this. Just got an Air Fryer a few weeks ago, and so far loving it. I have several bone in thighs here, how much longer would they take in the Air Fryer do you think? Big like. Thanks for sharing.

Thank You Mike!!
It doesn't seem to make much difference between bone-in & Bone-Less, as far as time goes.
The bigger difference, other than size of the Chicken parts, is Temperature:
When I use 350° "Roast", they seem to average about 38 minutes.
And when I use 380° "Roast", they seem to average more like 33 minutes.
I prefer 380° for Chicken Parts.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
Joined May 12, 2018
Thank You Mike!!
It doesn't seem to make much difference between bone-in & Bone-Less, as far as time goes.
The bigger difference, other than size of the Chicken parts, is Temperature:
When I use 350° "Roast", they seem to average about 38 minutes.
And when I use 380° "Roast", they seem to average more like 33 minutes.
I prefer 380° for Chicken Parts.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
Thanks for the info. I'll probably be trying this weekend and let you know the results.

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
That's a good meal . I did some last week . I started pulling the skin off after seeing your post . Comes out better in the air fryer that way .
Oh , and give Kudos to who ever keeps that thing so clean . Mine don't look like that anymore .

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
:emoji_astonished: naked thighs you better dress them :emoji_wink: oh you did you sauced them.
Great looking meal there Bear.

Warren

bill1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 25, 2015
Food looks great Bear, as always. I always appreciate hearing from you.

But I'm just not getting the "air fryer" thing. How is this any different than baking thighs in a conventional oven? Maybe saved a half hour of time due to added convective effect??? I really need a gift for my wife this Christmas, so I want to dig these things, but if I can't convince myself they're worth the countertop-space, how will I sell my wife? I still haven't convinced her using the low-convection feature of our built-in oven has benefits.

Part of this is I want to learn, but I want a happy wife even more.

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks darn good. Emeril should send you a check the way you show how you use that air fryer on here. LOL!
Jim

Thank You Jim!!
LOL---I'm pretty sure my Step by Steps are better than the recipe book that came with this Air Fryer.

Bear

old sarge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 26, 2012
Nice looking spread Bear. Has me drooling!

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Looks real good Bear, Nice comforting meal.

Point for sure
Chris

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
That's a good meal . I did some last week . I started pulling the skin off after seeing your post . Comes out better in the air fryer that way .
Oh , and give Kudos to who ever keeps that thing so clean . Mine don't look like that anymore .

Thank You Rich!!
LOL---That's my Combination Dishwasher-Breading Machine!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
:emoji_astonished: naked thighs you better dress them :emoji_wink: oh you did you sauced them.
Great looking meal there Bear.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Food looks great Bear, as always. I always appreciate hearing from you.

But I'm just not getting the "air fryer" thing. How is this any different than baking thighs in a conventional oven? Maybe saved a half hour of time due to added convective effect??? I really need a gift for my wife this Christmas, so I want to dig these things, but if I can't convince myself they're worth the countertop-space, how will I sell my wife? I still haven't convinced her using the low-convection feature of our built-in oven has benefits.

Part of this is I want to learn, but I want a happy wife even more.

Thank You Bill !!
I don't know anything about Convection ovens, but I replaced our Toaster Oven with this Air Fryer.
This Air Fryer takes longer to use & the toaster oven didn't take any time to learn to use either, but it can do more things than my old Toaster Oven.
I would say it takes a lot less Power to make the things I make in it, instead of firing up that Monster oven built into my Kitchen.
However, if I didn't already have this Air Fryer, I would take a much closer look at the newer one they have out now---"Ninja Indoor Grill & Air Fryer".
It looks to be built better, and is very interesting.

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.