• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My Traeger is making noise

motsyball

Fire Starter
Joined Apr 3, 2015
My Traeger is making noise and I think its coming from the auger turning. Is there a way to lubricate the auger? Or do I just need to plan on it dying soon? Is there a way to just replace the auger? Or should I plan on buying a whole new Trager grill? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Empty all pellets including the ones in the auger. See if it makes the same noise empty. And yes the auger is a replaceable part and not very difficult to switch out.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 3, 2015
What kind of a sound is it making? Mine makes a groaning or clicking noise from time to time. I’ve read that if you get too much sawdust mixed in there you could get scraping sounds too.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.