My Super Bowl snack

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
I honestly didn't have the Saints in mind when I made this... I had crawdads and crab legs on my mind.
redface.gif

I seasoned the pot with kosher salt, crab boil, lemons, onions, garlic, old bay seasoning, smoked sausage and some peppers from smoking friend Ashmont.

Added my new potatoes and heated them up to get a head start on the cook...

then put the pot in my drum at 250 degrees...

added bacon wrapped corn and some spam.....

placed the shrimp in the pot next, then the crawdads....

set the crab legs on top.... they are already cooked so it was just to add smoke and heat them through...

slathered the spam with some Red Pepper Sauce from smoking friend Ashmont.(it was great!!)
I had to snap this picture, the spam was disappearing fast!

Served with garlic bread, cocktail sauce, garlic butter, cold beer and lots of napkins.

Thanks for looking.
smile.gif

Another amazing feast from an amazing woman. You continue to blow us away with your posts. Thanks for sharing
points.gif

niceley done as always cowgirl. The corn wrapped in bacon is an interesting twist for sure.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

ME.

I even smoked one because she made it look so darned good. But nope, still SPAM. The kids loved it though.

cowgirl, you've done another great looking smoke. Congratulations! And
points.gif
for bacon wrapped corn on the cob. That's a new one on me.

I'd say you smoked like the Queen of New Orleans! Excellent blend of flavors and texture, and I like the color combos too. I must say that it is the banquet of my eyes. Congrats Lady.

LOL Dude....I love it fried up with some over easy eggs, hash browns, and rye toast.....makes for a good breakfast the morning after a good night of drinking....not that I do that kind of thing anymore
icon_mrgreen.gif

Thanks for the nice comments and points Scarbelly, Gene, Jim, Chainsaw, Buffalo, Dude, Rich and Scott!!
Dude, glad to hear you at least tried it. lol
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

That sure looks good Jeanie... I like the Corn especially...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

cowgirl
That is unreal, the 2nd to last picture is absolutely mouth watering. Smart move posting it after the Superbowl, otherwise you would of had so many of us uninviteds showing up !!!

Thank you Paul, Bob, WestSmoke and Marty!!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Marty, I had to fight company off to get those pictures. lol
Good to see ya!

cowgirl,

What can I say that has not been said.......

EVERYTHING you post is at another level of GOOD!!!

I always say if you want to make a meal better, add bacon, but bacon wrapped corn on the cob has left me speechless ....
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Absoulutey awesome looking....I cannot wait for the nice weather to get a big crab feast going in the yard !!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky