My second pork butt attempt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mommytanya

Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
I'm 6 hours into my second pork butt and everything's going great! Rubbed it yesterday at about 11 am. Took it out of the fridge at 2 this morning. Fired up my camp chef at 5 and had my 7.5lb butt in at 5:30.
I think I've hit the stall at 160* but I'm going to be patient. Guests don't arrive until 6. I've also got a couple pounds of chicken wings waiting to go in closer to dinner time.
I don't know if I'm getting better at this or if it's the cold weather but there's much less baby sitting/adjusting going on today and I'm holding steady temperatures. Yay!

[ATTACHMENT=1704]image.jpg (2,304k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Last edited:
22 hours?! My first butt was 7.25lbs and took 11. I figured the extra .25lbs wouldn't change too much. Ugh well we might just fine on sides lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky