My Salami Mold, good or bad?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jonssmokehouse

Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Last edited:
jon, evening......  I don't know squat..... so, what I have seen, white mold is good mold....   sausage/salami etc. grow the mold in the fermenting chamber....   I think it is wiped down, when fermenting complete, with a dilute solution of vinegar...   any dark mold, green, black etc. is bad stuff....   check with nepas...  PM him so he sees you question....    

Dave

jon, evening......  I don't know squat..... so, what I have seen, white mold is good mold....   sausage/salami etc. grow the mold in the fermenting chamber....   I think it is wiped down, when fermenting complete, with a dilute solution of vinegar...   any dark mold, green, black etc. is bad stuff....   check with nepas...  PM him so he sees you question....    

Dave
  Dave got it 100% right .

just don't remove the white mold 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky