My Re-enactment of the Cotton Bowl (Q- View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zoukeeper

Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
Central MO
I smoked that Piggies Butt!!!
icon_razz.gif
(Thats for any Arkansas fans out there!)

Smoked 3 pork butts, about 6 lbs. each. Used the method from the "Johnny's Pulled Pork" recipe and thread that was revived a couple weeks ago. Brined it and then rubbed and put on grill.

About 3 1/2 hours in to the smoke

Foiled at 170 and taken to 200 then rested in cooler for about 2 hours.

Just before pulling.

THe results

This was my third attempt at butts. First time (prior to finding this site) was ok. Decent smoke but sliced because I did not know to go to the higher temp to pull.

Second attempt (before this site) was AWEFUL!! I was of the school that more smoke the better and the meat was horribly bitter.

This meat was Spectacular. Partially dumb luck I am sure, but I just keep reading and applying new ideas.

Good looking butts zou. I got th e johnny's pulled pork recipie to. Got a 9 1/2 #er in the freezer. I'm going to try the recipie on it. Thanks for the qview send a sammie this way if you get a chance.

Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky