My potato salad.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin lou

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
Since I have been lurking this foum for awhile and have gotten a wealth of info from it, I want to give something back. I came up with this recipie after many years of trying to make a really good potato salad. Everyone that tries it loves it.

Enjoy...

6 medium potatoes (I like using Yukon Gold)
4 teaspoons sugar
6 tablespoons white vinegar
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
salt and pepper -- to taste
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon celery salt
Boil potatoes in lightly salted water until fork tender. While still warm, peel and slice about 1/4" thick.
While potatoes are cooking, whisk sugar and vinegar until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in oil, salt and pepper. Pour this over warm potatoes and mix gently. Place in refrigerator until chilled.
Mix mayo with celery salt. Combine with potatoes after they have cooled.

Sounds good! Like a combination of two styles ... can't wait to try it!

For me though, at the mix mayo when cold, I will add hard boiled eggs, some sweet or green onion and a little smoky bacon.

Now I'm gettin' hungry
icon_eek.gif

Hi Lou:

Thanks for the recipe, I'm definitely going to try it as I am always looking for a good potato salad recipe.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky