My new to me smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

irishteabear

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 22, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Meet R2BQue.
biggrin.gif
Dan and I went and looked at the smoker this morning. It's not a brinkmann, instead it's a United States Stove Co. lol Same setup. Inside diameter is 15 1/2". Got it for $30
biggrin.gif
Haven't fired it up yet, waiting for Dan to blow out the line first. Don't need any surprises. If it doesn't work, it'll be a charcoal smoker.

Inside

Taken apart

Aluminum water pan

Racks, maybe chrome

There is a couple of holes in the bottom that are original and a small area all the way around the bottom that is open. All for airflow, right? The wood on the handles will be replaced as well as all the screws, some are rusting. We'll use stainless steel to replace them with.

Looks good congrats!!

thats pretty cool. I have not seen any Gas ones that shape before

After taking a close look at the propane parts it looks like we might need to replace the burner, hose and regulator.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Oh well, might have to try it out another day.

You really won't know for sure till ya fire it up now will ya.
biggrin.gif
Go for it, just keep the Fire Dept on stand by.

Wanna sell 'er? Man what a steal, that's gonna make a sweet 'lil smoker when she's up and running. Can't wait to see her maiden smoke. Nice score, Dawn!!!

Happy smokin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric

Nice find Dawn! You should have it up and running shortly. Waiting to see what you break it in with.

Look ta be a great find dawn! I see ya all got some trees an such in yer backyard, always like ta have some woods around.

That should make a right fine smoker when ya geter all cleaned up!

looks like a great find stainless and all if the propane parts are history I'd make a watt burner out of it

ROFL, now that's an idea, Tip! It would be a fitting end to R2.

The burner is rusted out inside.
icon_rolleyes.gif
We're going to check out Lowe's and HD and see what they have. If it costs too much, it'll be a charcoal smoker in no time.
biggrin.gif

Here is a pic of the rusty burner. Any suggestions on where to find a replacement for it?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky