My new therm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just ordered an IR unit too.

One way I plan to use it is to find out where the hot spots are on my smokers and how various modifications affect the heat distribution.

Another use is for pan/griddle temp for frying.

Very nice congrats

I bought one like this one from Sears. It was in the tool dept. I also use it to check the air duct temp. on my house. Your right it's a fun toy!

Just remember that it is only going to give you the external surface temp of the meat (or anything else you point it at). Very different from measuring internal temps...

That's exactly the point. With this ir therm I will know when the outside of the meat is above 140F thereby reducing the chance of contaminating the meat due to premature insertion of the digital meat probe.

That's a right nice friend you got!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I need to get one like that- you can gain a lot of knowledge about your smokers characteristics thataway.

went to visit sis in the Anzo Berrego desert last july 4th-played with mine there-her dirt road was 140-the highway was 160-ya there fun toys.

Waaaay to hot for me. Plus the word "desert" gives me the creeps. Fun thermo though , isn't it? Makes you wanna go temping everything!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky