my new smoker "The Captain"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
27b3a1ee_2011_1118010.jpg

The Captain certainly looks pretty cool, how does it cook? Where's the QView....

cooks like a dream gets up to and maintains temp unbelievably.....i just figured out the wifes camera and will post some qview on my next smoke

!Me gusta el Capitan!

Did you build that that disaster? I doubt if it even works.. But please, prove me wrong and don't forget the q-view!

Looks like a good mod to do with all the char-broilers on craigslist.

i have taen a pic of the inside and will try and upload tommorow. for those wanting the info basicly there are 3 tubes coming from the top of the fire box... on the inside the whole length of smoke chamber is a metal plate about 1 inch above where the tubes come into the chamber... with the 2 exhaust it pulls heat and smoke both to left and right and allows for pretty even temps.... with the plate covering the tubes from the firebox u have very little direct heat....and 1 good thing is we all know heat rises therefore it comes up and maintains temp real well.....wifes camera is dead or i would load pic of the inside now.... anymore questions let me know!!

the dust u see there is where i was cleaning smoke box today and had very windy conditions and i was even covered in ash..... it just trapped more where i had extra oil from seasoning... as u see there is the plate that covers the tubes coming from box, and there is about a 1 inch gap from plate to tubes....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky