My New Smokefire EX6

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rexster314

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 7, 2012
Texas Gulf Coast
So, wife got this for my birthday. A Gen 2 Weber Smokefire. While waiting for delivery, I also bought the Weber end shelf and the front shelves. Also after research, I decided to change out the small casters from Weber to 5" rubber casters. And finally, added some super slick acrylic tape to the hopper ramp to ensure the pellets could slide down easily. I did the initial burn in today, and then later, while the grill was still hot, put a link of Holmes' sausage on as an inaugural cook. I used the Smokeboost setting for about an hour, then cranked up the grill to 275 to finish of the sausage. I really like this feature, I used my Fireboard to monitor temps and the average temp hovered around 140 deg. Perfect for smoking. .. Here's some pics of the Smokefire

2020-12-04 12.17.00.jpg 2020-12-04 12.16.23.jpg 2020-12-04 12.17.31.jpg

Attachments

• 2020-12-04 13.14.12.jpg
    2020-12-04 13.14.12.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 812
Last edited:
My birthday last March my wife asked me what i wanted. I said hmmmmm. she said no new grills or smokers.

She bought me an AR15....Yay

Reactions: chef jimmyj
My birthday last March my wife asked me what i wanted. I said hmmmmm. she said no new grills or smokers.

She bought me an AR15....Yay

Your wife - does she have a sister? :emoji_laughing:

Just kidding - my wife would hang me! But no birthday AR-15 for me.

Congrats. That lone Sausage looked so Sad and Pitiful. So what makes it a Gen 2? What did they do about grease pooling at the Burn Pot?...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky