My New Slicer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 17, 2009
Hendertucky, Nv.
The old slicer is about worn out after 10 years so I was at the grocery store and they have one of those "Tuesday Mornings" kinda like a big lots, so I take a look around and they had Waring Pro slicers marked down to $59.99. This one is a big inmprovement over my old one. My old one you had to hold down the start button and it was left handed, I'm right handed. This is a great improvement.

b0aa9771_oldslicer.jpg

5914b5d3_waringpro.jpg

Reactions: pops6927
Movin' up there meateater. Looks like a pretty decent unit!

I remember we bought a cheapo many years ago. I tried to slice Venison Dried Beef real thin with it. The blade would just flex out of the way. Same thing with Pepperoni. What a piece of junk!

Now you can smoke & slice all the Bacon you want!

Bear

Wow that is a great deal - congrats for sure - you will be a slicing king now

looks like the same waring pro i looked at sams last sunday . $ 54.99 was the price

Please let me know how it works out as i will jump on it for that price if it's a decent slicer.

I'm gonna pick up some sandwich meat tomorrow and give it a go. If it's at least as good as my old one I'll be happy. I'm not looking to start a sandwich shop and I'm not in a hurry slicing. I'll give a report tomorrow.
icon_cool.gif

Movin' up there meateater. Looks like a pretty decent unit!

I remember we bought a cheapo many years ago. I tried to slice Venison Dried Beef real thin with it. The blade would just flex out of the way. Same thing with Pepperoni. What a piece of junk!

Now you can smoke & slice all the Bacon you want!

Bear
I can't complain about the old one, it sure has cut its share of meat in 10 years. I just wanted a new shiny convertible.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I'm gonna pick up some sandwich meat tomorrow and give it a go. If it's at least as good as my old one I'll be happy. I'm not looking to start a sandwich shop and I'm not in a hurry slicing. I'll give a report tomorrow.
icon_cool.gif
If you change your mind about the sandwich shop, let me know---I've seen some of your sandwiches!

Bear

Try not to make the same mistake I did.....I rotated up the metal bed the meat sits on without first removing the clear plastic guard.  It slid off and broke in half on the floor.....about 5 mins after I got it out of the box.  Fixed it with super glue, hope it holds.

Pretty good slicer I say. I sliced up some turkey pastrami for sandwich meat and it worked great, Gonna have to try some half frozen jerky meat and see how it does. The blade disasembles from the unit for easy cleaning and it does have some good size gears, plastic but good sized. I dont see a problem with it so far. I would say it's worth the $59.99. One thing I dont care for is the suction feet, they don't suck. I stuck a small carving board in front of the slicer between my counter front for a block.

Reactions: pops6927
Thanks for the info and follow-up. They have these at a local discount store but I've been too much of a wuss to buy it.

I might give it a go.
Local discount store? Am I missing something?

I already have a slicer, but am I maybe missing a good discount store?

I usually don't shop in Red Hill, Pennsburg, or East Greenville, so I don't know much about stores there.

My normal haunts are Quakertown, Emmaus, Coopersburg, Macungie, and Allentown.

Bearcarver

Bear, there's a VF Outlet in Souderton that has a decent kitchen supply section. I haven't been there in a while, but i remember they had a good deal of small appliances at a what seems like good prices.......I may stop this weeken, I'll let you know what the've got

Nice slicer.  I have a similar one.  My biggest complaint with mine is it is a pain to clean as the sliding tray does not come off.  Overall though, it does a decent job.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky