My new gadget

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mikedixon

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
East Tennessee
 2 or 3 weeks ago, I made hamburgers on the grill for some of my family and some close friends. I cooked 15 pounds of meat. I hand pattied all of it out. They were so inconsistent mostly because I never could make a nice neat round burger. They end up looking like I stomped them out rather than pattied them out. All thick, but that's the way I like them, but some thicker than others. I made I guess 25 pattys out of 15 pounds of meat. Well while killing time at work on the next day (Saturday, no bosses) I remembered I had a piece of 4 inch stainless sanitary tubing in my work area. ( I love stainless. I have it all through my house, in fact, the frame of the '33 Ford truck I am building is stainless, and I have another stainless smoker in the works) I thought, why not cut a 3/4 inch long piece of that tubing and make a patty mold? So I did. I haven't made burgers yet, but when I do, I will let you know how it works out. That ought to make things nice and pretty, but man them big 'ol thick burgers that you can barely get your mouth over are sooo good. 1 usually fills me up. Most normal folks eat 1/2 to 3/4 of one of my regular burgers, so this will be like a Krystal to me. We'll see.

cool.gif

Now it all sounds good but where are the photos of this contraption??? You also sound like a stainless nut too.

Should work good for you Mike, and I understand you love for stainless steel all to well; I will go to eBay and Craigslist and just search stainless items to see whats all available and see what I might want to purchase !!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky