My MES Cart build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jacobss914

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
North of Dayton, Ohio
So the goal of my project:

1) get my MES up off the ground, it hurts my back!

2) get some counter space right next to my MES

3) get an organized space to store all my smoke supplies, and gadgets.

4) give me something to do this weekend, besides all the stuff on the Honey-Do list.

So what I have come up with, is take one of 4 current Craftsmen tool cabinets.  I will be replacing it with a much larger unit anyway.

So I will build a shelf off to the left side of the unit for the MES to set on, and raise the top of the MES to 57".  that raisies it ~ 25" off the ground.

I will add a counter top to the cart, if I can get scrap SS I will use that, but until then it will be OSB and Formica.

I will put all my stuff in the drawers, divided out, cause thats how I do it.

Yeah it will take more than a weekend but it will be a fun project.

Here is the concept drawing.

42ccf676_MESCartdesign.jpg

the thing that looks like a Pony Keg is my Ember bucket, I have a new pull handle with a towel rack.  I will add a troff across the back side to hold bottles of sauce, tools, and well my favorite beverage.  I did not add the wheels in the design as I will be using the ones off the tool cabinet.

I could bend this up quickly on a sheet metal brake, and have it done, and then just paint it all to match, but I am really thinking about doing it old school style with rivets like an airplane wing.

thoughts or Ideas??

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky